We bite. We fight. Cause we're Team Twilight!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Amazing Race: London

Big Ben
Good day chaps,
So today we traveled to London, England. First of all, it actually wasn't we it was I because Kylee got a really bad case of fleas so she couldn't participate. I thought being in London was very cool because Carslisle Cullen was from London until he was transformed into a vampire; Kylee on the other hand, didn't really care because she was itching like crazy. For my first clue, I had to find out more on the British Monarchy. I had to find out who was the head of the Monarchy (that one was easy-Queen Elizabeth II) and how long has she resigned as Queen, which was since February 6th 1952. After that I had to find the London Eye, the largest ferris wheel in Europe. I also had to find out when it was officially opened. I also had to find out how to make a 99 flake. A 99 flake is basically soft serve ice cream in a cone with a flake in the middle. So, I then had to eat one- I didn't really want to because vampires don't eat food, but we can if necessary. After that I traveled to Stone Henge where I had to make a replica of it, it was harder then is sounds. A few tries later I finally got it and moved on, only to find that Team Rappers had yielded us and 2 hours was added to our time.
Now, this is were my acute vampire senses come in handy. We had to play rugby. It was easy, and I passed with flying colours. And from there, we had to find a picture of the Thames River and the London Eye. So all in all, I finished in 9th place. And I would like to tell Team Lost and Team Rappers that it was too bad you guys got eliminated and that you guys did an awesome job! I found a few things in London that we thought we should tell you. As you know, the Royal wedding is approaching, that will be something big, but sadly we won't be there for that. I also found the medieval banquet Hall and had a great meet-and-greet with King Henry the 8th. It was very cool. They had the whole place dressed up to look like medieval times with candles, tapestries and everything! I heard the food was good but I couldn't eat it.
Well, that's the Amazing Race London,
Love,
Elisabeth Cullen

1 comment: